Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Employer : Footsteps - Stafford
Location : Stafford, West Midlands, ST16 1BA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50030
Vacancy Short Description : Do you want to start a career in childcare? An exciting opportunity has opened up at Footsteps Nursery in Stafford. You will work alongside other members of staff to create a stimulating and caring environment to encourage children to learn
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : Responsibilities
To provide high quality care and education for under 5’s by:
• Learn the planning cycle and begin to contribute to curriculum plans
• Carry out planned activities with small groups of children, supported by the room leader
• Follow nursery routines and activities, offering attention and support to all children
• Contributes observations to children’s development on tapestry
• Have a small amount of key children and be responsible for tracking their development, with guidance from supervisor
• Prepares displays, ensuring they stimulate vocal and receptive responses
• Actively promotes each child’s self esteem
To maintain a safe environment for the children and adults in the nursery ensuring that:
• equipment and resources are set up and cleared away each session
• Making sure equipment is maintained and any issues are reported to the nursery manager
• Good hygiene standards are maintained and 10 rules of food hygiene are adhered to
• Safety procedures are adhered to
• Arrival/ departure procedures are observed and children are kept safe during the session itself
• The physical, toileting and hygiene needs of the children within the nursery are attended to.
To comply with all relevant procedures covering child protection, special needs, equal opportunities, with special regard to multi-discriminatory procedures.
• To work as part of a team
• To communicate positively and effectively both inside and outside the nursery, to:
• Develop and maintain a partnership with parents / carers
• To actively contribute to good staff morale.
• To attend staff meetings.
• To commit to continuing personal development.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours, shift tbc
Weekly Wage : £156.00
Application Deadline Date : 04/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 11/12/2019
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working with children and be able to work well in a team.
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your qualification
Future Prospects : A potential career in Footsteps Nurseries.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location