Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Maltings - Perth
Employer : Maltings - Perth
Location : Perth, Scotland, PH1 3GD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50037
Vacancy Short Description : The Maltings in Perth are looking for an individual with a relentless passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, to join their team as an Apprentice Chef!
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : With sites in both England and Scotland, Eating Inn has become synonymous with exceptional dining experiences. They offer a range of fantastic dishes suitable for all occasions – from a quick bite to eat to the most special of occasions. Our teams pride themselves on offering the warmest of welcomes and you’ll receive a tailored personal service and great offers, so your visit becomes the very best it can be.
With our stylish and contemporary interiors, Eating Inn creates a relaxed atmosphere where you can sit in the bar with friends, pop in for a mid-week meal with the kids, or enjoy a full Sunday roast with the whole family.
A number of Eating Inns also offer playzones and booths with TVs (don’t worry, they’re muted), so the kids can also be kept entertained while you relax.
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for your age.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Daily duties include:
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
• Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
• 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
• Pension scheme
• Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
• Pay national minimum wage for your age
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Minimum 30 hours per week incl. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £130.50
Application Deadline Date : 04/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 11/12/2019
Personal Qualities : • Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
• A willingness and desire to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Creativity and imagination for food presentation
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Greene King - Production Chef Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths Functional Skills in English Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Greene King pay National Minimum wage for age, including their Apprentices. The current minimum wage rates are £4.35 an hour for under 18's, £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For your information, the current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year, however this is not relevant with Greene King. These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location