Job Title : Customer Service Apprentice
Employer : Dixons Carphone PLC - Team Knowhow Sheffield Contact Centre
Location : Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 5DD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50104
Vacancy Short Description : Dixons Carphone are looking for an enthusiastic and professional apprentice to work towards their Customer Service Level 2 and be part of our fun and friendly team within the Team KnowHow contact centre. The role is to provide an excellent level of professional customer service for Dixons Carphone customers by advising on all aspects of business affecting customer’s post sale repair & support plans and product support.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Benefits of working for Team Knowhow
• You will be employed on a permanent contract
• You will receive a discount card for to use towards Dixons Carphone products
• The Team Knowhow office is in an excellent location, with transport links bringing you straight to the office as well as onsite parking
• Full training is provided - If this is new to you, don’t worry as we will give you all the training you need, delivered by an award-winning Learning and Development Team
• You will be working in a fun and lively workplace with a great atmosphere.
• Free lunches will be provided daily on site
• Free uniform
• During peak times (leading up to Christmas) apprentices are included in regular prize giveaways including TV's and other electrical goodies
• Advise on all aspects of business affecting customer’s post-sale and product support to customers and colleagues.
• Receives and returns customer contact by telephone, letter and email.
• Delivers excellent customer service and attempts to exceed customer expectations.
• Takes ownership and responsibility of customer’s queries, providing “right first time” resolution to minimise repeat queries from customers.
• To meet call quality standards in order to contribute to the overall level of customer satisfaction.
• Meeting individual and contact centre targets based on the volume and quality of call resolution.
• Compliant with all current legislation.
• Places the customer at the heart of every decision, assessing their needs and taking appropriate action.
Number of Positions Available : 15
Working Week : Monday - Friday and possibility to work 1 in 2 weekends.
Weekly Wage : £187.50
Application Deadline Date : 22/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/12/2019
Personal Qualities : Energy and enthusiasm with great listening skills to be able to help the customer with their needs.
Skills Required : • Excellent communication skills, resulting in first time resolution.
• Good teamworking skills.
• Knowledge of Keyboard skills and knowledge of Word and Excel.
• The ability to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of the customer.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to adapt to change and flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
• Excellent reliability and time keeping.
Future Prospects : Apprentices will be employed on a permanent contract and will be paid £5 per hour for the first 34 weeks. This increases to £7 per hour then after 12 months £9.18 per hour and you will join the usual progressions scales.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Customer Service Practitioner Level 2.
Apprenticeship in Maths.
Functional Skills in English.
Functional Skills in ICT.
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : If you are successful, the apprenticeship will begin between 1-2 weeks after your interview.
The map below shows the employer's location