Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Employer : Cribs Day Nursery
Location : London, London, E16 1PH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50436
Vacancy Short Description : We are currently seeking an apprentice wishing to gain their Childcare Level 2 or 3 Apprenticeship!
Qualifications Required : No qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Main activities:
1. To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
2. To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
3. To help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
4. To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
5. To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
6. To be a key person.
7. To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
8. To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
9. To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan.
10. To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
Number of Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 30 Hours
Weekly Wage : £117.00
Application Deadline Date : 10/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 17/03/2020
Personal Qualities : Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
Able to perform under stress
A creative thinker
A good sense of humour
Skills Required : Empathy and understanding of children under five
Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
Excellent organizational skills
.Administrative and basic IT skills
Calm and caring nature
Ability to work as part of a team
Able to work on own initiative
Future Prospects : Gain the skills and experience needed to secure a job or apprenticeship.
We will help you with this by providing you with an exit interview, as well as a letter of reference on completion. Successful candidate may also get the chance to enrol onto a 12 month apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : • Level 2 Certificate (children and young people’s workforce)
• Functional Skills in English
• Functional Skills in Maths
• Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Wage will increase after passing probation.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location