Job Title : Assistant Restaurant Manager - KFC - Advanced Apprenticeship
Employer : KFC Restaurants - Worcester - Hornhill Road
Location : Worcester, Worcestershire, WR4 0SX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50495
Vacancy Short Description : ‘Due to the on-going situation regarding Covid-19, the application window remains open and you are still able to apply. Our team will be in contact in due course but would like to manage your expectations and make it clear that we are not able to give a specific time frame of when this vacancy will be available again. However, as the current landscape changes over the course of the coming weeks and months, we will keep you informed on the status of your application and update you accordingly’.
Qualifications Required : N/A
Vacancy Full Description : Salary £21,800 - £23,000 (dependant on experience)
Key job functions include:
• Create a customer focused environment which is appealing to KFC’s diverse customer
• Manage all customer complaints in line with company policy, escalating issues to Area Coach, where appropriate.
• Assist the RGM in rigorous completion of period restaurant evaluation Action Plans, completing actions in a timely manner.
• Regularly review customer experience reports. Develop and communicate a period action plan, utilizing relevant company tools to ensure the restaurant is consistently achieving the company standard.
• Support and assist the RGM in follow up on any issues arising from EHO audits; following plan to ensure action is taken in a timely manner.
• Ensure that litter patrols are carried out as required on each shift
• Ensure that restaurant cleaning plan/rota is adhered to
• Through exceptional operational standards and a ‘maniacal’ approach to customer service, consistently seek to maximize the sales in your restaurant. Set and communicate Bold Sales Goals to the team, striving to consistently exceed sales targets.
• Understand your local competition and assist your RGM in increasing visibility within the local community to ensure awareness of any common issues, competitor activity or forthcoming events that may impact your business.
• Support and assist your RGM in Building Know How of surrounding KFC restaurants, sharing best practice across area and region.
• Develop a strong sales culture in your store, setting team members and team leaders clear sales targets for every shift.
• Manage team member incentives and drive regular recognition in store.
• Points of sale to be up to date at all times and team trained on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
• Support and assist your RGM in maximizing the profitability of the restaurant by understanding and controlling all restaurant costs (e.g. labour, food). Monitor daily, weekly and periodically to ensure alignment to AOP targets.
• Support and assist your RGM in the development of a strategy to maximize profitability of your restaurant, regularly reviewing and adapting in line with business needs. Accurately forecast sales and labour to reflect trends and promotions.
• Actively utilize system reports and company tools to guarantee 100% product availability, investigating and following up on all discrepancies.
• Assist the RGM in completing weekly labour schedules to ensure all shifts properly staffed/managed and ensures that labour costs are in-line with budget
• Complete all shift/daily paperwork and assist the RGM in the completion of the weekly and monthly paperwork
• Ensure that the correct level of supplies are ordered, deliveries checked and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies fully investigated and reported
• Ensure that the correct volume of product is prepared to meet the level of business and that the product control sheet is accurately maintained
• Ensure that all cash handling and in-store banking procedures are adhered to at all times
• Deputise for RGM when required, completing relevant tasks e.g.
• Accurately complete management schedules one month in advance and submit to Area Coach.
• Ensure that any problems that you cannot deal with are referred to the RGM or AC, if RGM unavailable
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward hard work and achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
• Competitive salary
• 25% staff discount
• Quarterly, performance-related bonus
• Comprehensive training
• Excellent career advancement opportunities
• Life assurance
• Pension contribution scheme
• Income protection scheme
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Childcare vouchers
• 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Increased holiday entitlement (dependent on years of service)
• Employee discount booklet
• Pick n Mix Benefits to convert them into your very own benefits plans that unique to you options including gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 45 hours per week including evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £413.55
Application Deadline Date : 06/04/2020
Possible Start Date : 13/04/2020
Personal Qualities : N/A
Skills Required : We are looking for someone who is personable, organised and motivated to complete their Hospitality Apprenticeship.
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full position
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Supervisor Level 3
Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.55 an hour for anyone under 18, £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020.
Things to consider : N/A
The map below shows the employer's location