Job Title : Apprentice Occupational Therapist
Employer : East London NHS Foundation Trust - Mile End Hospital - London
Location : London, London, E1 4DG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50566
Vacancy Short Description : To work under the supervision of qualified Occupational Therapists undertaking group and individual interventions with clients suffering from a range of mental health problems.
Qualifications Required : NA
Vacancy Full Description : - To participate in OT department meetings and training sessions, as well as regular supervision sessions.
- To work with other members of the MDT including Nurses, Doctors and Psychologists.
- To attend MDT meetings and daily huddles as deemed appropriate by qualified therapists and contribute to discussions and offer feedback re: occupational engagement of patients in OT activities;
- Planning and carrying out groups and 1:1 interventions that require skill and accuracy within set clinical protocols and / or using different treatment mediums, under the supervision of qualified Occupational Therapist;
- Contributing to the assessment and treatment of clients on both an individual and group basis, under supervision;
- To complete record of work using current IT system in lines with Trust and team standards (clinical notes)
- Undertaking a range of client centred and socially inclusive therapeutic interventions particularly in relation to daily living, leisure and vocational skills, under the supervision of qualified staff;
- To ensure a safe and therapeutic environment for patients to carry out rehabilitation programmes;
- To undertake any clerical duties as necessary;
- Assisting in maintaining services and contribute to the development of services;
- Attending organised mandatory training sessions, including Fire training, Breakaway techniques training, Basic Life Support training and any in-service training arranged by the senior staff;
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Fri 37.5
Weekly Wage : £349.13
Application Deadline Date : 10/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/01/2020
Personal Qualities : • To demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and sensitively both verbally and in writing
• Able to deal with distressing situations in an appropriate way
• Flexible approach
• To demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
Skills Required : Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
To have the ability to remain calm and sensitive in difficult and stressful situations.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development, following completion of successful apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location