Job Title : Trainee Leisure Duty Manager
Employer : Brough Park Leisure Centre - LEX
Location : Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6AT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50571
Vacancy Short Description : Brough Park Leisure Centre are looking for a Leisure Duty Manager to join their team. Alongside the role you will work towards your Level 2 Team Leader qualification!
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
● We are looking for a trainee duty manager who is passionate about working in the leisure industry
● The Duty Manager will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Centre including health and safety, customer service and financial procedures
● Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the operational team.
● It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and commitment to customer service.
● You will be required to work on a rotating shift pattern which includes early mornings, evenings and weekends.
● You will hold a NPLQ certificate
● Ideally you will Pool Plant Operators qualification and a recognised Leisure Management qualification.
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
● Competitive salary
● Generous annual leave
● Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
● Employee health cash plan
● Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
● Cycle to Work scheme
● Pension Scheme
● Company sick pay
● Career progression
● Training and development
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours shift work
Weekly Wage : £260.00
Application Deadline Date : 25/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/01/2020
Skills Required : Passionate about the Leisure and Fitness industry
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time job
Training to be Provided : Team Leader Level 2
Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT)
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location