Job Title : Kitchen Apprentice - WHR - Beefeater - George In The Tree
Employer : WHR - Beefeater - George In The Tree
Location : Berkswell, West Midlands, CV7 7EX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50583
Vacancy Short Description : We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable people who are passionate about developing a career in Hospitality. As the UK’s largest operator of hotels and restaurants, with an award-winning training programme we can teach anyone the skills to succeed.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : Established in 1742, Whitbread is one of the UK's oldest and well-respected companies. In 2001, Whitbread sold its breweries and pubs to focus on hotels and restaurants, which has led them to become the UK’s largest operator of hotels and restaurants with some of the UK’s most successful hospitality brands.
You will play a pivotal part in contributing to the world class customer service we always aim to deliver through the quality of your food. Reach your full potential through the 12-15-month programme where you will gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Your duties will include:
• Engaging in our culture of excellent service
• Actively strive to resolve all guests’ complaints to their satisfaction ensuring no guest leaves unhappy
• Take pride in the meals you produce ensuring hot food is served hot and cold food cold
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge of all products and menu items, adhering to weights, measures and elements of presentation are to the specification required
• Consistently maintain standards
• Use guest feedback tools effectively and efficiently
• Strive to deliver great food that will exceed all guests’ expectations
• Communicate and liaise with fellow team members across all departments
• Always comply with health and safety procedures keeping our team and guests safe
• Full compliance with all finance policies and procedures
• Exercise personal care and responsibility towards yourself and others
• Gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship
• Whitbread Privilege Card 25% Discount across our restaurants, and up to 50% on hotel rooms
• Annual incentive scheme- an extra week’s pay (tax free) on achieving all green performance targets
• A wide range of discounts across the retail and leisure industry, including gym membership, cinema ticket and 02 price plans
• Discounted Premier Inn famous Hypnos mattresses and beds
• Pension scheme with employer contribution
• 50% off food whilst on shift
• NUS and Oyster card- Providing discount for travel and major retailers
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Minimum of 30hrs per week- Will include weekends and evenings
Weekly Wage : £215.25
Application Deadline Date : 01/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 08/01/2020
Personal Qualities : • Good Communication skills
• Flexible and adaptable in your approach to work
• Ability to work in a team and on an individual basis
• Sustains optimism & drive in the face of short-term setbacks
Skills Required : • Hard working
• Enthusiastic and happy to take on extra responsibility where needed
• World class customer service
• Shows real interest and determination
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
Training to be Provided : Production Chef Apprenticeship L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20-year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location