Job Title : Hospitality Management Development Apprenticeship - All Bar One Ludgate Hill - London
Employer : All Bar One Ludgate Hill - London
Location : London, London, EC4M 7DE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50614
Vacancy Short Description : Mitchells & Butlers, one of the UKs largest restaurant, pub and bar businesses, want you to join them. If you are looking for the opportunity to progress within a role that will help you climb the ladder to a Hospitality Management position – look no further. Join our team at All Bar One.
Qualifications Required : • GCSE English & Maths at Grade D or above
Vacancy Full Description : A Fantastic Opportunity
Hospitality Management Development apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their Hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12 month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position, at All Bar One.
Following on from 8 months spent with our kitchen team you will then spend the final four months in a guest facing role. At this point you choose whether you wish to continue your development towards the target role of either Kitchen Manager or Assistant Manager. This combination of experience gives you the grounding to really understand what it takes to manage a busy business.
As a Hospitality Apprentice, you're an essential cog to the running of the restaurant, pub or bar, so we are looking for applicants who are passionate about working their way up within a professional Hospitality environment and delivering the best possible customer-experience.
Note: This programme is available to apllicants 18+
To deliver great guest service and work well with the team to create a friendly, warm and welcoming environment with the key aim of ensuring our guests revisit us and recommend us to their family and friends.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work/run a busy section
• Experience different areas of the business, by working in the kitchen and front of house, to build your skills and understanding of how to manage different elements of running a business
• Keeping the workplace hygienic and safe by undertaking various cleaning tasks
• Working effectively as part of a Hospitality team
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Greeting and seating guests
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and licensing laws
• Be involved with the team and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
• Serving food at the table
• Serving alcoholic and soft drinks
£5.83 per hour
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hrs + p/w Incl. Evenings, Weekends & Bank Holidays
Weekly Wage : £184.50
Application Deadline Date : 28/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/01/2020
Personal Qualities : • Keen to develop your skills in the Hospitality sector
• An enthusiasm to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Ability to seek assistance when dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays – this is a MUST in any Hospitality role
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Mitchell & Butler Hospitality Licenced Retail
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
• Instant Cineworld tickets for £5.50
• 10% discount at Costa and Cafe Nero
• 10% discount at Topshop.
• Refer a friend and receive up to 1k!
• 33% meals at any M&B sites (+5 guests – Use as often as you like)
• Pension scheme
• Dental plan
• Become a shareholder (after 1 year employment)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• A range of benefits are available by registering at www.pickaperk.co.uk (Register with employee ID)
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
Things to consider : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate
applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first
year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if
they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage
rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and
over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's
part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)’.
The map below shows the employer's location