Job Title : Apprentice Practice Receptionist/Administrator
Employer : Clanricarde Medical Centre
Location : Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9TF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50615
Vacancy Short Description : Do you consider yourself a well organised, motivated person? The Clanricarde Medical Centre are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join there team as an Apprentice Administrator!
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : Key Areas Of Responsibility
• Filing and Administration
• Office based
• Training must be undertaken willingly
• Non-smoking environment
• Dress code is smart casual
Performance will be satisfactory when:
• There is prompt response to all patient enquiries face to face, on the phone, by email and letter.
• Patients are informed if a doctor is running late or called out.
• The phone is answered within 4 rings politely with an appropriate greeting
• The messages are logged on the clinical system with full details of receipt, and passed to the relevant practice member as soon as possible.
• A helpful and courteous manner is evident.
• Confidentiality clauses in the contract are adhered to.
• Non clinical patient care, i.e. dealing with requests for information, test results, requests to speak with clinical staff are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
• Patients have easy access to any relevant leaflets, support groups, carers, PPG, associations etc.
• All patient interactions are dealt with confidentially and any confidential paperwork is dealt with in accordance with practice protocol.
• All queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors to the practice are handled promptly and appropriately
• Clinicians are not interrupted during surgery unless it is an emergency. The message facility on EMIS is used to bring urgent requests to a clinician’s attention.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week - Monday-Friday
Weekly Wage : £120.00
Application Deadline Date : 28/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 04/02/2020
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team.
Skills Required : Apprentices must be approachable and friendly in order to work within a customer facing environment.
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Business Administration L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location