Job Title : Retail Store Manager Apprenticeship with Iceland
Employer : Iceland Stores - Hillingdon - 27 Market Square
Location : Hillingdon, London, UB8 1LH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Retail
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50627
Vacancy Short Description : A successful, growing, award winning business; Iceland are looking for candidates with outstanding potential to start their Apprentice Store Management Programme, leading your team with speed, energy and enthusiasm. Iceland are looking for an Apprentice Store Manager to learn, develop & apply the technical & behavioural skills required in order to successfully complete the apprenticeship programme to drive the performance of the store team to deliver business results and operation.
As an Apprentice Store Manager your first 6-12 months will be in the same store before we look for you to take responsibility for your own store. Learning the “Iceland way” on the shop floor
Let’s be honest - supporting a Store Manager in Iceland is tough. When they are on a day off or on holiday it’s down to you! You are the managing director of your own little – or big – business. Imagine it is your name above the door. There’s a lot of hands-on work. We need you to lead by example and get ‘stuck in’. You will be rewarded and highly valued for great performance. Once a suitable Store Manager role presents itself you then have the grounding to run your own store
Vacancy Full Description : This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with leadership and management experience to build a career with one of Britain’s fastest-growing, and most innovative retailers whilst working towards their Retail Management Level 4 Apprenticeship.
This is a 12 month apprenticeship and at the end of the programme you will move into an Iceland Store Manager position.
Salary - £27,000
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme your salary will increase to a minimum of £32,000 (within the M25)
Day to day duties:
• Conduct weekly analysis on store sales and operations to identify areas of focus
• Drive sales through all available channels and marketing in store
• Continuously improve customer service in store with defined actions to improve
• Adherence and correct implementation of processes, policies and procedures in store
• Ongoing cost control to deliver all financial targets & drive company initiatives
• Manages team performance effectively
• Actively drives store talent programmes and internal development into management roles
• Takes ownership of implementing business decisions and effectively communicates them to the team.
• Regularly checks that customers are happy, challenging performance where appropriate.
• Enables the team to work at their best by monitoring, coaching, providing feedback, problem solving and communicating with pace and urgency.
• Manages the team’s performance and drives results by leading the team.
• Seeks and takes action on feedback from others to drive personal development and business performance.
• Knows how they affect others and leads from the front as a company role model
• Presents change in a positive manner, ensuring everyone in the team understands what is expected of them.
• Develops effective business networks to have influential relationships with managers, peers and customers.
- Competitive Salary
- Staff Discount Card
- Childcare Scheme
- Iceland Spend & Save, discounts at thousands of the country’s top retailers online
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Shift work
Weekly Wage : £519.38
Application Deadline Date : 27/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/01/2020
Personal Qualities : Iceland are looking for candidates who:
- Have the drive and ambition to lead and manage a busy and successful store.
- Take pride in themselves, their team and Iceland
- Provides focus to deliver what is required for the customer and Iceland
- Shares and encourages positivity in their team whilst knowing the reality of the current situation
- Drives pace and urgency in themselves and others
Skills Required : To be considered for this role you must have previous management experience, preferably within a retail setting.
Future Prospects : A full time role as a an Iceland Store Manager
Training to be Provided : Retail Management Level 4 Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location