Job Title : Care Assistant apprentice
Employer : Four Seasons - Headington - Oxford
Location : Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7XR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50738
Vacancy Short Description : Under the supervision of nursing/senior care colleagues, you will work as part of a team to deliver excellent standards of care to residents and their families. Care will be carried out in accordance with individual care plans, whilst promoting privacy and dignity, enhancing independence, rehabilitation and personal choice.
Qualifications Required : N/A
Vacancy Full Description : Main duties and responsibilities
1. To provide special experiences to residents, which promote choice and independence that make a positive difference to their daily lives.
2. Achieve the highest possible standards of care to enhance the resident experience by ensuring individual needs are met in accordance with company policy and individual care plans, including but not limited to assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, dressing and continence management.
3. Assist with resident mobility and pressure relief using approved, safe moving and handling techniques and equipment.
4. Communicate clearly with residents; taking into account individual needs and ability, ensuring communication aids are used appropriately in accordance with care plans.
5. Accurately record and communicate to senior care colleagues, key observations and findings whilst respecting resident confidentiality in accordance with the Information Governance Policy.
6. Assist with the orientation, admission, transfer and discharge of residents, handling personal property appropriately.
7. Contribute to and ensure a safe and clean care environment at all times, taking immediate action to control any risks or hazards.
8. Ensure any necessary training is completed as required and maintain a working knowledge of all relevant policies and guidelines which impact on the role.
9. Act as a Key Worker to designated residents; obtaining a sound knowledge of the Resident’s life history, routines, personality and physical health
10. Introduce, assist and participate with activities which reflect the individual choices and interests of the residents in our care; striving to achieve the highest possible quality of life for residents and maintain relationships with their families, friends and the community.
11. Establish and implement factors which influence the wellbeing of the resident and the way in which they would choose to receive their care and support, ensuring that any concerns are passed on to the Senior Carer/Nurse in Charge immediately.
12. Communicate professionally and warmly with all visitors to the home including family and friends
13. To ensure all machines and equipment are in good working order and report any faults immediately. If any machine is felt to be dangerous, to withdraw it from service immediately.
14. When required, accompany residents to appointments outside the home.
15. (Ensure timely registration with SSSC and compliance with regulatory requirements of SSSC thereafter - Scotland only).
• To be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others whilst at work, including colleagues, residents and visitors to the Home and for alerting the officers responsible to any hazards or potential risks to health and safety.
• To be fully conversant with the FSHC policies relating to Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Whistleblowing.
• To ensure compliance with the FSHC Information Governance Policy, maintaining an appropriate level of confidentiality around issues that may be personal or commercially sensitive.
• Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships both with colleagues, residents, visitors and other health professionals and agencies.
• To act as an ambassador for the FSHC company Vision and Values.
• To promote equality and diversity at all times and across all work activities.
• To adhere to FSHC policies and procedures.
• Attend mandatory training days / courses, on or off site, as and when required
• To undertake any other duties and accountabilities which would be lawful, reasonable and appropriate to the role.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 33 hours shift work
Weekly Wage : £231.00
Application Deadline Date : 24/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 02/03/2020
Personal Qualities : Confident, enthusiastic and approachable.
You must be passionate about making a difference.
Skills Required : A good team player.
Able to use initiative
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location