Job Title : Apprentice Leisure Attendant
Employer : Places for people - Epping Sports Centre - Epping
Location : Epping, Essex, CM20 3RQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51102
Vacancy Short Description : Looking for a career as a Leisure attendant? Epping Sports Centre are looking for enthusiastic to join their team as an apprentice leisure attendant.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : • To comply with the Centre's Health and Safety procedures at all times.
• To assist with first aid when required.
• To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner, delivering outstanding service
• To report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately.
• To carry out cleaning duties as necessary.
• To wear the prescribed staff uniform at all times.
• To carry out patrols of the Centre.
• To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment.
• To ensure that all Centre equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
• To report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures.
• To assist the Duty Manager with any tasks involved in the operation of the Centre.
• To maintain any suggested training requirements.
• To answer the phone and deal with customer enquiries relating to membership, bookings, classes, swimming and other general enquiries
• To carry out job related activities (within the front of house, fitness or operational environment) to the highest standard in line with your training.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours shift work
Weekly Wage : £234.00
Application Deadline Date : 17/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 24/02/2020
Personal Qualities : Apprentices must be willing to work hard and have a keen interest in the leisure industry.
Skills Required : You must also be looking for a career within leisure and able to work well within a team and have a friendly, honest and approachable personality.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time job
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations.
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location