Job Title : Apprentice Receptionist
Employer : Penwortham Leisure Centre - Preston
Location : Preston, Nottinghamshire, PR1 0JE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Retail
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51182
Vacancy Short Description : This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at our Penwortham Complex to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Reception area and Shop and that all procedures for the area are up to date and followed.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grades A to E in Maths and English (or acceptable equivalent).
You will also need to complete an on-line initial assessment, which will help us guide you to the most appropriate programme to meet your needs.
Vacancy Full Description : Serco has a strong commitment to apprentices and training and as a successful Serco apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme.
You will be helped to build relationships with peers, allowing you to achieve your professional development objectives.
Your duties will include:
• To welcome all visitors to the facility in a warm and helpful manner reflecting the Council’s image: and to actively encourage that image by presenting a customer orientated philosophy to all users of the facility.
• Taking bookings for the use of facilities by members of the public, both in person and over the phone- correctly entering bookings in the diary and onto booking system.
• Operating Front of House as well as replenishing stock in reception.
• Ensure that the reception area is clean and ready for use and is maintained in a tidy manner by carrying out a variety of cleaning tasks as required.
• To be tactful and diplomatic in dealing with enquires and complaints.
• To be clear, logical and articulate in responding to requests for information.
• Check deliveries and pricing of stock.
• To account correctly for cash and stock, including daily cash reconciliation and recording.
• Maintaining stocks of literature and brochures.
• Control of persons entering the building.
• Operating the lost property procedure ensuring safe keeping of articles.
• To attend Team meetings as required.
• Processing Leisure card, bonus card, direct debit applications and complete direct debit mandate for appointed collection agency.
• Any other duties which may reasonably be required in accordance with the duties and responsibilities indicated and which are appropriate to the post covered by this Job Description.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours
Weekly Wage : £144.30
Application Deadline Date : 04/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 11/02/2020
Personal Qualities : We are looking for people who are of smart appearance, enthusiastic, reliable, determined and hard working and who can demonstrate a commitment to and understanding of, the Trust’s approach to diversity and equality.
People who are happy to constantly learn and develop new skills with an interest in customer service.
Skills Required : The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Ability to deal with customer enquiries, transactions face to face and via the phone
• Numerate and accurate.
• Self motivated and organised.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Able to withstand periods of working under pressure.
• Excellent team working skills.
Experience in the following is also desirable but not essential:
- working an electronic till system
- maintaining personal records on IT systems
- money handling (included credit card transaction and cash)
- working in a busy customer focussed environment
- dealing with booking systems
- selling products to customers
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Customer Service L2
Functional Skills L2
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location