Job Title : Apprentice Fitness Instructor
Employer : Places for People - Hinckley Leisure Centre - Hinckley
Location : Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1FL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51190
Vacancy Short Description : Hickley Leisure Centre are now looking for a Fitness Instructor looking to kick-start their career within the industry. You will be working towards a Level 2 in Fitness Instructing and your training will be provided by Lifetime Training.
Qualifications Required : None required
Vacancy Full Description : As an apprentice within the gym, you will develop your fitness skills and experience, you will be encouraged to participate in group fitness sessions and build up to running your own classes.
Applicants who can demonstrate their passion for health and fitness are welcome to apply. We will be employing a candidate with exceptional levels of communication skills. It is expected that you have the ability to work within the team, to be independent in your daily tasks and to use your initiative when it comes to club operations and member experience. At all times an apprentice will be expected to behave in a professional manner and a member of the team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Learning how to create personal exercise plans for members
• Demonstrating activities for members to follow
• Showing members how to use exercise machines and free weights correctly
• In line with health and safety supervise members to make sure they are exercising safely and effectively
• When on duty act as a point of contact for members dealing with any problems or concerns
• Complete health and safety checks as and when directed
• Be the point of contact for new members, taking them through the application process from start to finish including tours.
• General housekeeping duties in the club, making sure the club is kept to a clean and professional standard
• General administration duties including answering the telephone, e-mails, filing etc.
• Make sure that all members adhere to the club rules as per their agreement
• Maintain a high level of commitment to your studies and share your progress with the club Manager
• Take part in any promotional activity
This is a 12-15 month apprenticeship position working towards the level 2 in Fitness Instructing, you’ll be working 30 hours plus per week on a shift rota. The training is government funded and is provided by Lifetime Training.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week
Weekly Wage : £135.00
Application Deadline Date : 17/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 24/02/2020
Personal Qualities : We are looking for individuals who express enthusiasm and passion for Fitness. Dedication to complete qualification with a desire to progressing further is essential.
Skills Required : A passion for fitness, excellent customer service and a desire to do well.
Future Prospects : Potential to progress into full time employment upon completion of apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Fitness Instructing
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : This apprenticeship will include working evenings and weekends
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location