Job Title : Front Of House Apprentice
Employer : Places for People - Hinckley Leisure Centre - Hinckley
Location : Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1FL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51191
Vacancy Short Description : Hinckley Leisure Centre are looking for an enthusiastic Front Of House Apprentice to work on their busy reception and gain valuable customer service experience along with a Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : Hinckley Leisure Centre are looking for a Front Of House Apprentice to work on their busy reception and gain valuable customer service experience along with a Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship.
The job will involve:
1. To greet customers in a friendly manner and with a smile.
2. To administer booking using computerised and manual systems.
3. To process all payments accurately.
4. To monitor admissions of unaccompanied children under the age of 8.
5. To administer course enrolments.
6. To administer the hire equipment and deposit system.
7. To carry out photocopying as necessary.
8. To operate the P.A. system.
9. To record and administer the lost property system.
10. To restrict access into the Reception area to authorised personnel only.
11. To ensure that the Reception area is kept tidy and presentable at all times.
12. To ensure all communications, memos, diaries are read each day.
13. To ensure the float management systems are followed.
14. To answer the telephone as per the PfP Leisure standard.
15. To handle all potential membership enquiries as per the PfP Leisure Standard.
16. To fully understand and implement hygiene legislation governing the preparation, handling and storage of food and drinks
17. To cash up till(s) as per the Centre’s procedures.
18. Ensure the counter area is kept presentable, clean and well stocked using stock rotation procedures
19. Assist in ensuring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained throughout the Catering areas
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Minimum 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Eves & Weekends
Weekly Wage : £135.00
Application Deadline Date : 17/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 24/02/2020
Personal Qualities : Enthusiastic
Dedicated to working towards their Apprenticeship
Skills Required : Candidates must be confident and approachable as you will be the first point of contact at the leisure centre.
Future Prospects : Possibility of full time employment upon completion of apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location