Job Title : Bar and Waiting Apprentice - Ember Inns - Robin Hood - Sheffield
Employer : Robin Hood - Sheffield
Location : Sheffield, Merseyside, S7 2HB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51218
Vacancy Short Description : Mitchells & Butlers, one of the UKs largest restaurant, pub and bar businesses, want you to join them. If you are looking for a Bar & Waiting Apprenticeship and have a passion to work in Hospitality - look no further. Join our team at Ember Inns.
Qualifications Required : • No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : A Fantastic Opportunity
Apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their Hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12 month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position, at Ember Inns.
With our Bar and Waiting Apprenticeship you will achieve a Level 2 in Food and Beverage Service or Level 2 in Food Service if you’re under 18.You will receive training to enhance your communication and service skills to become a valuable team member delivering the best customer service.
So from serving our regulars at the bar to making sure your workplace is running safely and smoothly, you will be covered!
To deliver great guest service and work well with the team to create a friendly, warm and welcoming environment with the key aim ensuring our guests revisit us and recommend us to their family and friends.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Greeting and seating guests
• Working effectively as part of a Hospitality team
• Keeping the workplace hygienic and safe by undertaking various cleaning tasks Running food from the kitchen
• Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work/run a busy section
• Listening and taking instruction from others in busy periods
• Serving food at the table
• Serving alcoholic (over 18’s only) and soft drinks
• Keeping up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and licensing laws
• Getting involved with the team and contribute at all team meetings
• Carrying out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
16-17 years old - £4.00 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.00 an hour
21+ years old - £6.00 an hour
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hrs + p/w Incl. Evenings, Weekends & Bank Holidays
Weekly Wage : £130.50
Application Deadline Date : 08/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 15/02/2020
Personal Qualities : • Keen to develop your skills in the Hospitality sector
• An enthusiasm to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Ability to seek assistance when dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays – this is a MUST in any Hospitality role
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills and listening skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Food and Beverage Level 2 and Functional skills in Maths & English
Other Information : • Earn while you learn in a job you can be passionate about
• Gain a nationally recognised qualification
• Receive support throughout your apprenticeship
• Gain additional skills through enhanced learning opportunities
• Enjoy fantastic career opportunities
• Be part of a fun and exciting brand!
• Enjoy 33% employee discount at Mitchells & Butlers brands & high street shopping discounts
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Pension Scheme
Things to consider : Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The map below shows the employer's location