Job Title : Nursery Practitioner Apprenticeship
Employer : Horizons Day Nursery - London
Location : London, London, SE13 6QF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51294
Vacancy Short Description : If you are looking to enter into a career in childcare then an apprenticeship with Horizons Day Nursery could be for you.
To work with Senior nursery staff in providing a high quality, consistent, non-discriminatory childcare environment which meets the needs of each individual child and which enables each child to realise her/his full potential and achieve a good self image. To take responsibility along with the senior nursery staff for the development and implementation of strategies to meet the specific needs of children from all communities and for children who have special needs.
Vacancy Full Description : As part of the Nursery team ensure that a high-quality education is provided for the nursery children, nurturing and stimulating environment.
Specific responsibilities & duties:
1. To work with the Senior nursery staff as the Manager directs.
2. To organize and provide a safe, stimulating environment, whereby each child is helped to develop their physical, social, emotional, intellectual and cultural needs.
3. To ensure that Health and Safety regulations and the Local Authority regulations set out in the framework of the Children’s Act is adhered to at all times.
4. To work with all staff to ensure good childcare provisions are promoted.
5. To treat any information or matters relating to work within the nursery as confidential.
6. To assist with the observation of and record keeping about children in the nursery.
7. To help ensure the good behaviour and provide supervision to all areas of the nursery in agreement with the Senior nursery staff.
8. To enhance children's language development and where possible encourage the development of home language.
9. To attend relevant INSET as required and participate in staff meetings.
10. To be responsible with the Senior nursery staff for the safety and welfare of the children in the nursery and to respond and follow correct procedures regarding child protection.
11. To ensure that a record is maintained of any significant incidents/ accidents affecting the children, staff and the running of the nursery.
12. To be aware and keep conversant with recent developments in the provision of social and education services for children under 5 and their families.
13. To settle in new children and when necessary carry out admission interviews.
14. Together with Senior and other nursery staff, maintain a positive relationship with parents so that they may actively contribute and participate in the life of the nursery.
15. Together with other staff follow the plans for appropriate play and daily activities for the children.
16. To attend staff meetings.
17. To attend training courses as necessary to further knowledge and skills and to contribute to the training of others.
18. To carry out any other duties as delegated by the Senior nursery staff, to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the nursery.
19. To assist at snack and mealtimes including preparation.
20. These duties and tasks may be varied from time to time to meet the needs of the service.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday - Friday. Term time only.
Weekly Wage : £124.50
Application Deadline Date : 06/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 13/02/2020
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team!
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time position.
Training to be Provided : Level 3 Early Years Educator
Functional skills (Maths & English)
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
This apprenticeship would be a term-only post.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
Considering both level 2 and level 3 candidates. This would just depend on the right persons experience and knowledge of child care.
The map below shows the employer's location