Job Title : Sports Coaching Apprenticeship
Employer : Places for People - Arborfield Green Leisure Centre
Location : Arborfield, Berkshire, RG2 9ND
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51303
Vacancy Short Description : ‘Due to the on-going situation regarding Covid-19, the application window remains open and you are still able to apply. Our team will be in contact in due course but would like to manage your expectations and make it clear that we are not able to give a specific time frame of when this vacancy will be available again. However, as the current landscape changes over the course of the coming weeks and months, we will keep you informed on the status of your application and update you accordingly’.
The Royal Foundation have launched Coach Core, innovative and exciting sports coaching apprenticeship targeting young people who wish to gain further education and employment in sport.
Qualifications Required : You do not have to have previous experience of coaching the sport as full training and support will be given.
Vacancy Full Description : The Royal Foundation are working in partnership with ‘Coach Core Berkshire’ on their Coach Core programme. You will work towards your Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship L2 Standard.
‘Team Berkshire’ is made up of lots of different employers all looking for a new apprentice sports coach. Including SpringBucks Gymnastics!
Coach Core Benefits
• Achieve qualifications and vocational training that matches the criteria required by employers within the sports industry.
• Mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals from the industry including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
• Practical experience of working in the industry at sports event, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues.
• An opportunity to meet new people of a similar age, have fun, become a role model and give something back to the community.
• The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship
In July 2012, The Royal Foundation launched Coach Core; a new, innovative and exciting sports coaching apprenticeship targeting young people who wish to gain further education and employment in sport. Since then, apprentices in cities across the UK have been able to enjoy an intensive but incredible opportunity to become educated and employed for 14-18 months with some of the biggest sports providers and clubs in the industry. With a full support team in place, apprentices have thrived both with their professional and personal development as we look to enhance the lives and opportunities for all Coach Core students from the first day to the last. Successful applicants will be involved in a paid full-time sports coaching training programme to support your development and prepare you for future employment. At the end of the 14-18 months, you will leave with recognised qualifications, new skills, knowledge and a wealth of experience working as a trainee sports coach plus the opportunity to attend events unique to this programme.
The apprenticeship role will include:
• Help to inspire children, young people and clients to develop and lead healthy active lifestyles
• Assist in delivering sessions taking the lead with small groups as directed
• Assist in assessing, recording and reporting on children’s / clients progress and development
• Assist in the planning and delivery of programmes
• Assist in maintaining the health and safety at all times
• Assist leaders in the management and organisation of activities, actions and programmes
• Help to deliver effectively programmes, activities and actions within their function
You must also:
• Possess a passion for physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
• Be organised and able to work effectively in teams and as an individual, always maintaining a professional approach to work.
• Be able to relate well to, motivate, and encourage others being conscious of being a positive role model at all times.
• Have an enthusiastic attitude to life and work.
• Have the ability to make learning and work fun.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £117.00
Application Deadline Date : 12/06/2020
Possible Start Date : 26/06/2020
Skills Required : Candidates must be enthusiastic about wanting to work within their chosen coaching area and be committed to the 14-18 month apprenticeship.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in English and Maths
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location