Job Title : McDonald’s Apprenticeship - Crew Member - Muir End Road, Aberdeen
Employer : McDonald's - Aberdeen - Muir End Road - 1551 - M
Location : Aberdeen, Scotland, AB12 4XP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51325
Vacancy Short Description : A McDonald’s apprenticeship will start you on an amazing journey to progress within our business. Join us as Apprentice Crew Member to gain a nationally-recognised apprenticeship and learn the skills you need to succeed!
Qualifications Required : At McDonald’s we value behaviours over qualifications so there are no formal entry requirements and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in maths and English alongside your apprenticeship, if required.
Vacancy Full Description : What will I be paid?
We ensure that our pay rates remain competitive for everyone (rates are restaurant specific and may differ depending on location). You will be paid every two weeks.
• Age 16-17: £6 per hour
• Age 18-19: £6.85 per hour
How does it work?
The McDonald’s apprenticeship will build your confidence and develop your life skills whilst preparing you to progress in our business. You will receive training, coaching and support to prepare high-quality food and provide the best service to our customers.
You’ll have a dedicated Apprentice Mentor from McDonald’s who will be there to support you throughout your apprenticeship.
Alongside your McDonald's learning, your Lifetime Trainers will give you additional knowledge, skills and behaviours to succeed in your role.
What will the role include?
• Prepare our customer’s meals with care and respect to McDonald's gold standard!
• Ensure our customers have a special experience, every time! Be genuine, patient and adapt to their needs.
• Keep up-to-date with knowledge on our menu promotions.
• Learn how to work on the different food preparation stations, producing high-quality food for our customers.
Do you have what it takes?
You'll be working in our fast-moving, high energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
If you are confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people, friendly have high energy and take pride in your appearance, this could be the role for you!
What are the perks?
• 28 days holiday per year
• Free meal when you are on shift
• Potential annual pay increase based on performance
• Discounts at over 800 retailers nationally
• McDonald’s discount card for when you aren’t on shift
• Apprentice Extra NUS card for student discounts and student Oyster Card
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30-40 hours per week, shift work including evening and weekends
Weekly Wage : £180.00
Application Deadline Date : 07/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 14/02/2020
Personal Qualities : • Clean and smart appearance
• Friendly and energetic
• Willing to learn and develop yourself
Skills Required : • Great communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and communicate with your colleagues
• Understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality, service and cleanliness
Future Prospects : Career development opportunities include progressing onto your Level 3 Standard in Supervision and Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree if appropriate.
Training to be Provided : Scottish Apprenticeship SVQ in Hospitality Services L2
Core Skills in Maths
Core Skills in English
Core Skills in ICT
Other Information : The National Minimum Wage from 1st April 2019 for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. McDonald’s choose to pay apprentices above the minimum rate – please see our wage brackets in the description above.
The map below shows the employer's location