Job Title : Apprentice Receptionist
Employer : Burley Geach - Petersfield
Location : Petersfield, Surrey, GU32 3AE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51338
Vacancy Short Description : Are you someone that takes pride in being well organised and welcoming? Burley and Geach are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to start with them as an Apprentice Receptionist.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English & Maths
Vacancy Full Description : Day to Day Duties:
• To receive and handle incoming calls
• Attend to Clients visiting the office
• When necessary, to take and record accurately any messages and pass the same on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay
• To maintain reception and other records as set out in the firm's office manual (eg details of phone calls and visitors, booking of meeting rooms)
• to ensure that outgoing post is appropriately and correctly dispatched
• Operate photocopier/fax/scanner, computers and other equipment as required and telephone to make arrangements for maintenance, ordering of replacement toners etc.
• To liaise with accounts for printing of cheques, distribution to appropriate person; banking of cheques received
• To comply with our internal procedures as set out in the office manual;
• To ensure the confidentiality and security of documents and information belonging to the firm or its Clients;
• To undertake any specific training which may be required by the firm;
• To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated.
• To provide typing support to secretarial staff/fee earners
• To deal accurately with filing, storage and retrieval of client files
• To open new files accurately and speedily
• To make appointments, arrange meetings and assist with maintenance of up to date diaries.
18 - 20 £5.60
21 - 24 £7.05
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 35 Hours Per Week - Mon - Fri 9:0 till 17:00
Weekly Wage : £206.50
Application Deadline Date : 07/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 17/02/2020
Personal Qualities : Friendly but professional, accuracy and attention to detail, calm and patient, enjoy working as part of a team and willing to help where needed.
Skills Required : • a good telephone manner together with an ability to communicate effectively with clients and work colleagues
• an ability to type accurately at reasonable speed;
• a basic knowledge of Windows/Office systems including Word and Excel
• an ability to adapt to changing technology as required
Future Prospects : On completion of the one year apprenticeship it is anticipated that the successful applicant will be able to provide good reception and admin cover and will have developed sufficient skills to commence a career as a junior legal secretary, gaining experience across all areas of the law, i.e. property matters, family matters, wills and probates etc.
Training to be Provided : Business Administration Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : It is not anticipated that there will be any requirement to travel. However, should it be necessary for the applicant to travel to any of our other offices (by car or train) then reimbursement will be made.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and keen to learn. They will be the face of Burley and Geach, the first contact our clients will have, and the reputation of the firm is paramount.
A mature attitude is important with some life experience will be beneficial, a smart appearance is paramount.
The map below shows the employer's location