Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Hallmark Hotel - Derby Mickleover Court
Employer : Menzies Hotel - Mickleover Court - Mickleover
Location : Mickleover, Derbyshire, DE3 0XX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51344
Vacancy Short Description : Love cooking? Interested in becoming a chef? This could be your perfect opportunity!
Hallmark Hotel are now looking for a passionate individual to join their kitchen team to contribute to the 'home of great hospitality.'
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : Welcome to Hallmark hotels - the home of great hospitality!
An ethos that applies to our colleagues as much as our guests. We aim to inspire your career development and progression with a comprehensive training pathway designed to enhance your personal journey within the hospitality industry. If you can show us your passion when we ask you to Smile, Connect, Deliver and Delight we can find a place for you in our home.
Your Daily Duties will include:
• Assist with breakfast chef duties including prep work and placing orders.
• Prepare simple dishes such as salads, soups, entrees etc.
• Assist with lunch buffets for conference guests.
• Support the Kitchen Porters with cleaning and hygiene management.
• Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
• Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out rubbish.
• Ensure all food and other items are stored property.
• Assist in keeping the kitchen organised including controlling stock.
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
• Perform any other kitchen duties as assigned by the Sous or Executive Chef.
• Remember to always be an ambassador of the brand.
• Achieve a Nationally Recognised Standard.
• Enhance your career prospects.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Instant rewards for going above and beyond in the form of Hallmark cheques.
• Two night stay on completion of one years’ service.
• Your birthday is always an extra day's holiday.
We pay national minimum wage for your age:
• Under 18: £4.35 per hour
• 18-20: £6.15
• 21-24: £7.70
• 25+: £8.21
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Weekly Wage : £184.50
Application Deadline Date : 07/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 14/02/2020
Personal Qualities : Our Vision & Values:
•The way we present ourselves, welcoming to all guests.
•Ready to make a great first impression.
•First to introduce ourselves.
• Professional and knowledgeable.
• We have a one team mentality.
• Freedom to own our hospitality.
• We make genuine, friendly connections with guests.
• We use our sixth sense, anticipating each guest’s needs.
• Our guests are treated as individuals.
• We go out of our way to surprise and delight our guests.
• Big ideas are shared and rewarded.
Skills Required : • The ability to follow instructions from the Chef
• A team player with good communication skills
• Willingness to learn
Future Prospects : On going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Production Chef Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The map below shows the employer's location