Job Title : Administration Apprentice
Employer : East London NHS Foundation Trust - North Hackney CMHT
Location : London, London, E9 6AT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51352
Vacancy Short Description : Reception Apprentice. Looking for am ambitious apprentice to provide an effective, polite and efficient point of contact to all patients and visitors in a Community Mental Health Team. To create an atmosphere that is calm, pleasant and peaceful for clients and colleagues.
To deal with enquiries calmly and methodically in order to ascertain their requirements and where appropriate direct them towards the relevant service in order to ensure the most effective use of resources.
Qualifications Required : NA
Vacancy Full Description : • To maintain the membership database which includes adding new members and removing members and use the database to extract data and information.
• To acknowledge all new membership applications to agreed standards and deadlines by sending welcome letters and emails.
• To provide administrative and organisational support for events and meetings and take meeting notes as and when required.
• To receive patients and visitors at the front desk, deal with enquires and assist in directing patients to the appropriate appointment pathway.
• Acknowledge and welcome the arrival of patients with a booked appointment at the front desk.
• Control the flow of patients to their respective appointment when called by the person they are booked to see.
• Answer the telephone and ensure all messages are recorded on RIO and are dealt with or passed to the appropriate person for action.
• Deal with actions arising from the post.
• Scan all post onto RIO.
• Liaise with other health care professionals as and when necessary to ensure relevant people are advised of developments, which affect patients under their care.
• To work in a manner that ensures the smooth running of the service.
• To be aware of the patient services function of the North Hackney CMHT Service and to liaise with them where necessary.
• Shredding and photocopying.
• Using Email facility as an internal communication tool.
• At the end of the day ensure that all areas of reception are tidy in order to ensure easy accessibility for the cleaners.
• Ensure phone lines are switched over to the answering machine/ out of hours function.
• Complete and maintain targets as set out and agreed by office manager and learning provider tutor.
You will be required to be aware of and adhere to all relevant Trust Policies and Guidelines.
This job description is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time and where possible be in consultation with the post holder.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon- Fri 37.5 hours
Weekly Wage : £348.00
Application Deadline Date : 27/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 17/02/2020
Personal Qualities : Good written and verbal communication skills
Skills Required : positive, polite, prompt, responsive
Future Prospects : On-going training and development, following completion of successful apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Business Admin Level 2 apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location