Job Title : Activity Assistant Apprenticeship
Employer : Fit for Sport - IQRA Primary School
Location : Slough, London, SL2 5FF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51032
Vacancy Short Description : Do you have a passion for sport and working with children? This Activity Assistant Apprenticeship with Fit For Sport is a fantastic opportunity to prepare you to work in the Active Leisure sector as a sports activity leader or coach!
Qualifications Required : No Previous Qualifications Needed
A full enhanced DBS check will also be carried out as part of the recruitment process.
Vacancy Full Description : This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to kick-start their career with Fit For Sport! You will help to inspire children and young people to develop and lead healthy active lifestyles whilst working within school, after-school and holiday camps. Fit For Sport are passionate about helping all children to enjoy being active, to set them on a journey to an active life, and are passionate about hiring the right people so if you have the passion but need the qualifications and opportunity then please apply! *Please note that if you do become successful you may be based at another school in the local area.
Fit For Sport are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work as part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The apprenticeship role will include:
• Assist in planning delivery of programmes / functions effectively
• Assist in the implementation of quality assurance monitoring, assessing and reporting on activities, actions and programmes
• Assist in maintaining the health and safety of children and clients at all times.
• Assist in ensuring children and clients receive the best possible service in line with company service standards.
• Assist leaders in the management and organisation of activities, actions and programmes within their function
• Help to deliver effectively programmes, activities and actions within their function
• Help to inspire children, young people and clients to develop and lead healthy active lifestyles
• Assist in delivering sessions and services taking the lead with small groups as directed
• Assist in assessing, recording and reporting on children’s / clients progress and development
• Record & report all incidents/accidents following company procedure
• Help to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
You must also:
• Possess a passion for physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
• Be trustworthy and able to take responsibility for self and others. Valuing the trust put in them by team members, clients, and children.
• Be organised and able to work effectively in teams and as an individual, always maintaining a professional approach to work.
• Be able to relate well to, motivate, and encourage others being conscious of being a positive role model at all times.
• Have the ability to make learning and work fun.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre.
The programme is 14-18 months in duration and you will be employed on a 14-18 month contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon- Fri 30 Hours
Weekly Wage : £117.00
Application Deadline Date : 10/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 17/02/2020
Personal Qualities : N/A
Skills Required : Candidates must be confident with a passion for wanting to work within the sport and leisure industry as a sports coach.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Community Coach Activator Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Incentive 1 – Additional £0.50 per hour:
• Minimum of 3 months in employment
• 95% attendance at work
• No letters of concern/disciplinary
• Training for Level 2 Certificate in Leading Health Related Activities completed (Tech cert for apprenticeship)
Incentive 2 – Further additional £0.50 per hour:
• Minimum of 9 months in employment
• 95% attendance at work
• No outstanding letters of concern or disciplinary
• Level 2 Certificate in Leading Health Related Activities fully complete and certificate claimed.
The map below shows the employer's location