Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Assistant - Apple Blossoms Nursery
Employer : Apple Blossoms Nursery - Stoke Newington
Location : London, London, N16 7DL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Children and Young People's Workforce - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51414
Vacancy Short Description : We require apprentices who are interested in pursuing a career in childcare. We will support you in your work and studies and suitable apprentices may be given the opportunity for further development within the nursery.
Qualifications Required : No qualifications required
If you are successful you will be required to obtain a clean DBS
Vacancy Full Description : 1 Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
2 To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
3 Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
4. Support all staff and engage in a good staff team work.
5. Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
6. To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff
Meetings, summer fair, Christmas party, fund raising activities etc.
7. To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snacks, meals, cleansing of equipment, general cleaning and tidy of nursery etc.
8. Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
9. Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it.
10. Look upon the nursery as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
11. Ensure child is collected by someone known to nursery.
12. To respect the confidentiality of information received.
13. To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person.
14. Specific Child Care Tasks:
1. To stimulate the children by preparing activities that suit the child's age and stage of their development at all times.
2. To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
3. Washing and changing children as required.
4. Ensuring children are happy and build their self-esteem and confidence
15. To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
16. To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold it's standards at all times.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri
Weekly Wage : £160.00
Application Deadline Date : 11/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 18/02/2020
Personal Qualities : Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Ability to work as part of a team
Skills Required : Good understanding of English and Maths
Future Prospects : Suitable apprentices may be given the opportunity for further development within the nursery.
Training to be Provided : • Level 2 Certificate (children and young people’s workforce)
• Functional Skills in English
• Functional Skills in Maths
• Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location