Job Title : Governors and Members Office Apprentice Administrator
Employer : East London NHS Foudation Trust - Site
Location : London, London, E1 8DE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51415
Vacancy Short Description : To provide an effective and efficient administrative and clerical service to the Council of Governors and the membership of the East London NHS Foundation Trust..
The postholder will be expected to work flexibly within the administrative team and contribute to the smooth functioning of the systems.
The postholder will be required to work in a busy and demanding environment and should be able to work without direct supervision and to exercise initiative.
Qualifications Required : Minimum of GCSE English grade C (or equivalent)
Minimum of GCSE Maths grade C (or equivalent)
Minimum of GCSE ICT grade C (or equivalent)
Vacancy Full Description : • To maintain the membership database which includes adding new members and removing members and use the database to extract data and information.
• To acknowledge all new membership applications to agreed standards and deadlines by sending welcome letters and emails.
• To provide administrative and organisational support for events and meetings and take meeting notes as and when required.
• To book meeting rooms and venues for meetings and events and source quotes for venues and hospitality.
• Attend and support meetings and events which includes travelling to meetings in Luton and Bedfordshire and also attending some evening meetings when required.
• Manage a system of booking Governors and Members for events and meetings
• Book travel for Governors attending meetings and also for Members when required and send booking details in a timely manager
• To keep accurate and up-to-date records
• To deal with a range of queries from Governors, the public and other agencies in a polite, helpful and timely manner by telephone or in face to face encounters, seeking advice and guidance from colleagues or managers as required.
• To respond to queries and requests for information in a timely manner from Members, Governors, Staff and other stakeholders seeking advice and guidance from colleagues or managers as required.
• To receive incoming calls to the Office and deal appropriately in a courteous and helpful manner.
• Respond to emails in the Membership inbox in a timely manner and alert the Manager or other staff to emails requiring their attention
• To ensure information for meetings and events is circulated in good time to Governors, Members and Stakeholder to agreed deadlines
• Draft communications to Governors, Members and Stakeholders and see approval from the Manager before sending
• To ensure that information is held and communicated in line with Trust data protection policies and procedures
• Help to promote meetings and events
• To maintain stationery and hospitality supplies.
• To order catering and refreshments for meetings and events
• To maintain the petty cash float, update the spreadsheet and submit requests to finance
• To undertake general office duties including: photocopying, collating and binding of documents, filing, laminating etc as required
• To represent the Trust in membership recruitment campaigns with external stakeholders, public and patient groups and at exhibitions and recruitment events in the community.
• To perform any other administrative duties as required
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon- Fri 37.5 hours
Weekly Wage : £378.00
Application Deadline Date : 30/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 24/02/2020
Personal Qualities : Polite and Friendly
Skills Required : Excellent telephone skills
Future Prospects : On-going training and development, following completion of successful apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Business Admin Level 3 apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location