Job Title : Hilton - Fitness Instructor Apprenticeship - Reading
Employer : (H) Hilton - Reading
Location : Reading, West Sussex, RG2 0GQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51423
Vacancy Short Description : An amazing opportunity to work for one of the most recognisable hotel brands in the world - Hospitality giant, Hilton, is looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join the team as a Fitness Instructor!
You will be working towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Instructing Exercise and Fitness and your training will be provided by Lifetime Training.
Qualifications Required : No qualifications required!
Vacancy Full Description : As an apprentice within the gym, you will develop your fitness skills and experience, you will be encouraged to participate in group fitness sessions and build up to running your own classes.
Applicants who can demonstrate their passion for health and fitness are welcome to apply. We will be employing a candidate with exceptional levels of communication skills. It is expected that you have the ability to work within the team, to be independent in your daily tasks and to use your initiative when it comes to club operations and member experience. At all times an apprentice will be expected to behave in a professional manner and a member of the team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Learning how to create personal exercise plans for members
• Demonstrating activities for members to follow
• Showing members how to use exercise machines and free weights correctly
• In line with health and safety supervise members to make sure they are exercising safely and effectively
• When on duty act as a point of contact for members dealing with any problems or concerns
• Complete health and safety checks as and when directed
• Be the point of contact for new members, taking them through the application process from start to finish including tours.
• General housekeeping duties in the club, making sure the club is kept to a clean and professional standard
• Make sure that all members adhere to the club rules as per their agreement
• Maintain a high level of commitment to your studies and share your progress with the club Manager
• Take part in any promotional activity
This is a 12 month apprenticeship position working towards the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Instructing Exercise and Fitness , you’ll be working 40 hours a week on a shift rota. The training is government funded and is provided by Lifetime Training.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Weekly Wage : £300.30
Application Deadline Date : 11/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 11/02/2020
Personal Qualities : We are looking for individuals who express enthusiasm and passion for Fitness. Dedication to complete qualification with a desire to progressing further is essential.
Skills Required : A passion for fitness, excellent customer service and a desire to do well.
Future Prospects : Potential to progress into full time employment upon completion of apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Apprenticeship in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location