Job Title : Hilton - Conference and Events Apprentice - Puckrup Hall
Employer : (H) Hilton - Tewkesbury - Puckrup Hall
Location : Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 6EL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52582
Vacancy Short Description : An amazing opportunity to work for one of the most recognisable hotel brands in the world - Hospitality giant, Hilton, are looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join their team as a Conference and Events Apprentice.
Qualifications Required : No qualifications required!
Vacancy Full Description : Hospitality giant, Hilton, are looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join their team as a Conference and Events Apprentice. A highly sought after role, as well as having the opportunity to be mentored by Hilton’s experienced Hospitality staff, you’ll also receive on-the-job training working towards a nationally recognized Level 2 qualification in Hospitality specializing in Conference and Events.
What will I be doing?
• Contribute to high levels of customer service
• Manage customer relations when necessary
• Comply with and have full knowledge of regulations regarding Health and Safety
• Undertake any reasonable duties that may be assigned by the senior manager in the hotel
• Complete all aspects of the training programme
What are we looking for?
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• Ability to work on your own or in teams
• Willingness to learn
Why join us as an Apprentice?
• Work for the most recognized name in Hospitality
• Voted #9 Great Places to Work Globally!
• Be mentored by a Team of Professionals
• Receive On the Job training while you work towards a nationally recognized Level 2 Diploma.
• The Hilton Benefits include World Wide travel perks, Complimentary meals provided, Service Charge and High Street Discounts including Cinema Tickets
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 39 hours spread across multiple shifts including weekends
Weekly Wage : £300.30
Application Deadline Date : 06/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 13/03/2020
Personal Qualities : •Ability to work well within a team
Skills Required : •Positive attitude
•Good communication skills
•Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
•The ability to deal with enquiries in a professional and polite manner
•The ability to stay calm under pressure
Future Prospects : On going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member - Conference and Events L2
Functional Skills Maths
Functional Skills English
Functional Skills IT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location