Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Applewood Farm - Astley
Employer : Applewood Farm - Astley
Location : Astley, Lancashire, M28 1DP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-51235
Vacancy Short Description : Farmhouse Inns have some of the most welcoming, fun-filled, family friendly pubs in the country. We’re looking for an Apprentice Chef who’s enthusiastic and passionate about delivering an amazing service to customers.
Qualifications Required : • No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Farmhouse Inns provide a vast range of tasty pub favourites as well as a traditional daily carvery with a fantastic choice of fresh vegetables and succulent roasted joints of meat. Their generous, eye catching cakes are regarded as their unique selling point, displayed in cabinets in the centre of their business to create a real talking point for customers.
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for your age.
Farmhouse Inns aim to provide the best dining and drinking experience for customers of all ages, including a distraction zone for children to keep them occupied. They aim to be the first choice for families. You’ll find personal touches throughout their pubs and in everything they do.
The teams at Farmhouse Inns are the people who make their pubs so special, creating the warm and friendly atmosphere they’re renowned for. Farmhouse Inns are passionate about developing the skills of their people. That’s why they’re offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an apprenticeship through 12month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Farmhouse Inns’ career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their apprenticeship programme, you’ll gain professional qualifications from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, as part of Greene King, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’re qualified.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Daily duties will include:
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
• Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 25-30 hours per week incl. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £184.50
Application Deadline Date : 06/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 21/02/2020
Personal Qualities : • Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
• A willingness and desire to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Creativity and imagination for food presentation
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Greene King Production Chef Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : • Earn while your learn in a job you can be passionate about
• Gain a nationally recognised qualification
• Receive support throughout your apprenticeship
• Gain additional skills through enhanced learning opportunities
• Enjoy fantastic career opportunities
• Be part of a fun and exciting brand!
Things to consider : With effect from October 1st 2016 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour this applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
The map below shows the employer's location