Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Britannia Inn - Oxford
Employer : Britannia Inn - Oxford
Location : Oxford, Hampshire, OX3 7AA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52647
Vacancy Short Description : 2016 is the year that Mitchells and Butlers are launching our Bar and Waiting Apprenticeship for individuals wanting to start a career in hospitality. Embers Ins, the Britannia Inn in Oxford are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join their team.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : A Fantastic Opportunity
Apprentices have the unique opportunity to learn throughout a 12 month structured training programme whilst taking on a full time position at one of our restaurants, pubs or bars within Mitchells and Butlers.
Over the 12 month training program, apprentices will develop their skills and knowledge of the industry and learn how to perform in a busy commercial kitchen.
At Mitchells and Butlers we are dedicated to providing a bright future for all of our employees. The Chef Apprenticeship is a great platform for those who love food and what to learn to become a great chef.
Once trained, to perform as a chef day to day in an operating kitchen.
Tasks and responsibilities
1. Assist more senior chefs in preparing meals
2. Responsible for making superb dishes on time and to the required standard
3. Complete tasks set by Head Chef and Regional Trainer
4. Attend regular meetings with regional trainer (approximately every 4-6 weeks)
5. Work in a clean, tidy & safe manner
6. Undertake any company training as required
7. Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times
8. Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
9. Comply with all health and safety regulations.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by management
11. Comply at all times with the Company staff code of conduct.
12. Seek to ensure at all times that all visitors or guests on our sites have the best experience possible.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Self-motivation and a passion for food
- Good work ethic and a desire to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
What we will offer you:
On top of developing you to become a brilliant Chef Apprentice with us and paying you (obviously!)
• You’ll benefit from working in a fun and social environment
• Flexible shift options
• Up to 28 days’ holiday
• Plus, extra perks like 33% employee discount at our 1,700 restaurants & pubs and High Street shopping discounts.
16-17 years old - £4.00 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.00 an hour
21+ years old - £6.00 and hour
A little bit about Mitchells & Butlers:
Established in 1898, Mitchells & Butlers is one of the largest operators of restaurants, pubs and bars in the UK, providing a wide choice of eating and drinking-out experiences through our well-known brands such as All Bar One, Browns, Harvester and many more.
Did you know?
• The amount of chips Mitchells & Butlers sells each year is equivalent to 186 Space Shuttles!
• We sell 12,000 bath tubs worth of custard with our desserts every year!
• 240 double decker buses, that’s the weight of peas we get through each year!
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours Shift Work
Weekly Wage : £130.50
Application Deadline Date : 10/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 17/03/2020
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team.
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the catering Industry and be dedicated to working towards your NVQ.
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Production Chef Level 2
Functional skills in Maths & English
Other Information : The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
More info is available at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/TheNationalMinimumWage/DG_10027201
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
Due to our location, if applicants can drive that is ideal however we will still consider applicants who can not as long as they have a practical and achievable way of getting to us
The map below shows the employer's location