Job Title : Apprentice Lifeguard/Leisure Assistant
Employer : Southam Leisure Centre
Location : Southam, West Midlands, CV47 0JW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52653
Vacancy Short Description : Are you looking to kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry? Southam Leisure Centre are looking for motivated candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations Level 2!
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Southam Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
• Effective communication with other team members
• Equipment setups safely and on time
• Maintenance of company standards at all times
• Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
• Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
• Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
• Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Pay and benefits
£4.00 per hour apprenticeship wage paid from the start of your apprenticeship (including your training period).
Free use of gym and swimming pool, paid holidays and on-going training opportunities.
What will your training involve?
• Level 2 Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Wellbeing Operational Services
• Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
• Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
• Customer service/ Sales/Marketing within the Leisure Environment
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)*Certificate in Swimming Pool Supervision and Rescue
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £155.63
Application Deadline Date : 23/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 30/03/2020
Skills Required : Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their Leisure Operations Level 2 .
Future Prospects : Potential of fulltime employment on successful completion of the 12 months apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations and Leisure Management
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location