Job Title : Front of House Apprenticeship
Employer : Sidcup Leisure Centre - Kent
Location : Sidcup, London, DA15 9AE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52679
Vacancy Short Description : Sidcup Leisure Centre are looking for a Front of House Apprentice to work towards your Customer Service Level 2. You will be part of the front of house team in a busy leisure centre providing high quality customer service to our members.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required.
Vacancy Full Description : You must be prepared to work a varied shift pattern in accordance with the business needs which may fluctuate from time to time.
What will you be doing?
• Greet and serve customers with the highest level of customer service
• Marketing - Promoting the business
• Deal efficiently with phone and email enquiries
• Train and use various computer software systems
• Advise customers and handle a wide range of enquiries on a variety of products
• Handle money and train on how to take card payments
• Membership Sales including taking potential members on tours around the centre to show them what facilities we offer and offer a price presentation
• Attend outreach events to promote the centre
• Cold calling as part of the membership sales process
• Undertake other duties as directed.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 32 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £160.00
Application Deadline Date : 09/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 16/03/2020
Personal Qualities : Ability to build strong relationships with customers.
Skills Required : Energetic, enthusiastic, customer focused individuals.
Future Prospects : May be opportunities to develop further into other roles such as administrator, receptionist, membership advisor!
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location