Job Title : McDonald’s Apprenticeship - Apprentice Customer Experience Leader - The Merry Hill Centre, Dudley
Employer : McDonald's - Brierley Hill - 0221
Location : Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 1SY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52198
Vacancy Short Description : Driven by a desire to continuously improve the customers’ experience, this important role finds you at the heart of our business – in our customer dining areas. Your primary responsibilities are to welcome our customers into the restaurant and to use your initiative to help create ‘feel-good moments’ during their visit. Never one to accept less than the best, you will work closely with the restaurant management team to suggest improvements to our customer service experience, using all of your training and skills.
As an employee of McDonald’s you will have access to a wide range of benefits including; Holiday Pay, Free Lunch, Child Care Vouchers, and many more! To see the full list, please follow this link: https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/restaurant-opportunities/customer-experience-leader/
Qualifications Required : At McDonald’s we value behaviours over qualifications so there are no formal entry requirements and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in maths and English alongside your apprenticeship, if required.
Vacancy Full Description : As a Customer Experience Leader, having the ability to build rapport with others in a genuine and natural way is key for this role. You are able to lift the mood of those around you and can inspire others to look for ways to improve their own performance. You are naturally receptive to the needs of others and are always looking for new ways to exceed expectations and delight customers. You are always respectful, even when under pressure, and are able to confidently suggest ways to improve.
Working as part of a fast-moving, high energy team, you will be instrumental in delivering an exceptional service to all of our customers.
Your job role will involve:
• Deliver outstanding hospitality, giving our customers a memorable experience so that they leave happy
• Assist customers on their journey, confidently leading them through their restaurant experience so it is stress free and easy, making us stand out from our competitors
• Be committed to the individual needs and wants of our customers so they want to visit again
• Support the restaurant to develop and implement ways to improve customer satisfaction to keep each visit special
• Lead hospitality by example through demonstrating expected behaviours and proactively anticipating customer needs
• Create a great impression using positive and confident body language so you are approachable to our customers
• Encourage customers to use Digital Kiosks and Table Service in a way that benefits them to help enhance their experience
• Handle difficult situations/conversions in a confident manner, while maintaining positive customer relations to ensure a resolution
• Take responsibility for own development in all areas; look for opportunities to improve and grow
• Seek to identify ways to make it simple, easy, enjoyable for our customers so they can continue to focus on what is important to them
• Actively look for ways to make feel good moments for our customers to exceed and enhance the customer’s overall experience
• Be able to speak knowledgeably and confidently to our customers about the business to keep them informed
• Elevate customer focus across the team by using data to drive improvements to enable us to grow and develop
• Become an expert in customer recovery and delivery so they come back and see us
• Always put the customers’ needs first to keep them at the heart of everything you do
What will I be paid?
• Age 16-17: £6.00 per hour
• Age 18-20: £6.85 per hour
• Age 21+: £8.31 per hour
How does it work?
The McDonald’s apprenticeship will build your confidence and develop your life skills whilst preparing you to progress in our business. You will receive training, coaching and support to prepare high-quality food and provide the best service to our customers.
You’ll have a dedicated Apprentice Mentor from McDonald’s who will be there to support you throughout your apprenticeship.
Alongside your McDonald's learning, your Lifetime Trainers will give you additional knowledge, skills and behaviours to succeed in your role.
Do you have what it takes?
You'll be working in our fast-moving, high energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
If you are confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people, friendly have high energy and take pride in your appearance, this could be the role for you!
What are the perks?
• 28 days holiday per year
• Free meal when you are on shift
• Potential annual pay increase based on performance
• Discounts at over 800 retailers nationally
• McDonald’s discount card for when you aren’t on shift
• Apprentice Extra NUS card for student discounts
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30-40 hours per week, shift work including evening and weekends
Weekly Wage : £180.00
Application Deadline Date : 17/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 24/03/2020
Personal Qualities : “I am the person who is always smiling, I am at ease with people.”
• As a CEL, you should have a confident and extrovert personality, which shines through everything you do. Being genuine and skilled in ensuring customers feel welcome and at home when they visit.
• You should have a customer obsessed mentality – always putting the needs of the customer first.
• You should always be professional, leading by example.
• Being self-aware, self-starting and having initiative and problem solving skills to ensure total customer satisfaction every time will put you in good stead.
Skills Required : • Excellent communication skills
• Bags of confidence
• Ability and willingness to deliver outstanding Customer Service
Future Prospects : Career development opportunities include progressing onto your Level 3 Standard in Supervision and Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree if appropriate.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The National Minimum Wage from 1st April 2019 for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. McDonald’s choose to pay apprentices above the minimum rate – please see our wage brackets in the description above.
Things to consider : • When working in a McDonald's restaurant, you will have to do a large amount of regular tasks, which follow set procedures but you must remember to bring your personality to all that you do.
• Whilst you will have a schedule which includes a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends, you might also be asked to work additional hours outside of this at short notice.
The map below shows the employer's location