Job Title : Apprentice Childcare Assistant
Employer : Sapphires Nursery School - East Molesey
Location : East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 0ST
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52733
Vacancy Short Description : Do you enjoy working in a team? Are you someone that's calm and wants to work with children? Are you looking to pursue a career as a nursery assistant? Then an apprenticeship with Sapphires Nurseries could be for you!
Qualifications Required : NA
Vacancy Full Description : Sapphires is thrilled to welcome you to our nursery group. Nurturing children from 3 months to 5 years and beyond we pride ourselves on caring for your child as though they were our own!
1. To provide a safe environment in which high quality care and education meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
2. Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
3. To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures
4. To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
5. To encourage and develop the children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
6. Under supervision, support and provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Weekly Wage : £180.00
Application Deadline Date : 12/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 19/03/2020
Personal Qualities : A calm and methodical approach with the ability to be a proactive individual who enjoys being part of a team.
Good communication skills with a flexible approach to the varied aspects of working with young children and their families.
Skills Required : Warm, friendly, caring, positive and passionate possibly with babysitting experience or looking after siblings.
Future Prospects : Huge potential as a nursery educator in the future in the future with many opportunities opening for further career development
Training to be Provided : Early Years Educator Level 3
Functional skills in Maths
Functional skills in English
Functional skills in IT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : 40 hours per week starting at 0830am until 530pm with one hour unpaid for lunch.
The map below shows the employer's location