Job Title : Apprentice Administrator - Greene King Head Office - Bury St Edmunds
Employer : Greene King Head Office Site - Bury St Edmunds
Location : Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Administration - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52745
Vacancy Short Description : Greene King are looking for a well organised individual to join their team as an Apprentice Administrator at their Head Office in Bury St Edmunds.
Qualifications Required : Preferably 5 GCSE grade C and above or equivalent.
Vacancy Full Description : An apprenticeship at Greene King is a work-based programme running alongside your employment. It's a great way to get hands-on experience whilst achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
The Brewing and Brands function is the team that creates, markets and distributes the UK’s finest beers. The Administrator assists the PA to MD in providing support for the Brewing & Brands Executive Directors and adhoc admin support for the wider Brewing and Brand department.
Your Daily Duties will include:
• Pro-active diary co-ordination, prioritisation and management of meetings for Executive Directors
• Filter internal and external post, calls and emails and respond appropriately
• Expense reconciliation and submission for Executive Directors
• Organise and prepare for internal and external meetings, including room bookings, refreshments, travel and accommodation
• Provide administration support on ad-hoc projects
• Day to day management of in-house accommodation resource
• Assist with Product recall procedure
• Raising of purchase orders
• Assist with large scale event organising
• Provide administrative support for cross functional activities.
• Competitive salary
• 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
• Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, free refreshments, on site cafe)
• Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
• 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
• Onsite parking
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 36.25 hours PW Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:15pm
Weekly Wage : £157.69
Application Deadline Date : 11/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 18/03/2020
Personal Qualities : • Ability to react positively to change.
• Comfortable dealing with sensitive and confidential information
• Self motivated
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and trust
Skills Required : • Able to navigate IT systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business
• Excellent organisational skills
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Business Administration L2
Functional Skills Math
Functional Skills English
Functional Skills IT
Other Information : Greene King pay National Minimum wage for age, including their Apprentices. The current minimum wage rates are £4.35 an hour for under 18's, £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For your information, the current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year, however this is not relevant with Greene King. These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location