Job Title : Event and Sales Executive Apprentice - The Event Book
Employer : The Event Book
Location : London, London, BR1 1LR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Retail
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52820
Vacancy Short Description : Are you looking for an apprenticeship in Events and Sales? The team at The Event Book are looking to take on an apprentice and it might just be the perfect role for you! This is a great chance to get into the events industry and gain a qualification in Sales.
Qualifications Required : GCSE
Vacancy Full Description : The role involves working within the Event Book team reporting into the Director.
The project is a one stop shop events website, dealing with both venues and direct corporate clients.
There will be lots of opportunities to get out and about and see venues and meet with clients.
The vast majority of enquiries will come through proactive work, which means working on e-mailing marketing and calling warm leads to see if they have events that we can help with. You will be a motivated and bubbly character and happy to chat to customers on the phone. We host monthly client events in some of London most Iconic venues with the first being a cooking class at the 5 star Langham Hotel in March 2020 and more events are planned like this for April and May. These events are a marketing tool to meet and build relationships with clients.
Once we introduce business to our partner venues we then claim Commission payments from the booked venue. All whilst representing The Event Book in everything you do through excellent communications with your industry, your colleagues and your customers.
Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Amin task to support the Director including diary management
• Dealing with incoming enquiries, speaking to clients, speaking to venues
• Sending quotes and enquiry responses to clients and venues
• Site visits and meetings with prospective clients
• Speaking with venues to hold dates and obtain costs to quote to the clients
• Proactively seeking new business opportunities for The Event Book and working towards a sales target
• Recognising larger bespoke bookings that require event management and passing them to the Director
• Monitoring the content on the website
Marketing aspects of the role
· Assisting with handing our social media accounts
· Contributing content to our regular e-marketing campaigns
· Managing the website and ensuring the latest new venues are on there.
· Selecting venues for our loyalty club events which we host on a monthly basis
· Assisting in managing the events calendar and helping run the events on a monthly basis
· Attending showcases and new venue openings to enhance your venue knowledge
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 9am – 5pm, 35 hours per week
Weekly Wage : £192.50
Application Deadline Date : 06/04/2020
Possible Start Date : 13/04/2020
Personal Qualities : Friendly, approachable, polite and confident.
Skills Required : Being able to multi-task, have good communication skills, confident and good time keeping.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Sales Level 2
Functional Skills English
Functional Skills Maths
Functional Skills ICT
Other Information : There will be travel into London for meetings and some after work commitments for events.
Things to consider : Some work may be outside of office hours.
The map below shows the employer's location