Job Title : Practice Administrator/Receptionist Apprentice - Crown Street Surgery
Employer : NHS - Crown Street Surgery
Location : Acton, London, W3 8SA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52822
Vacancy Short Description : An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the NHS - Crown Street Surgery as a business admin apprentice. You have the chance to join our dedicated team here at the Crown Street Surgery. The team cover a vast array of duties ranging from registrations, medical summaries, insurance reports, document management and medical referrals.
Qualifications Required : GCSE passes in Maths and English. Ideally grade C or above.
Vacancy Full Description : This role would provide a unique opportunity to gain varied administration experience in a demanding yet stimulating and rewarding environment. Also the chance to gain your qualification in Business administration Level 2.
Your role day to day will involve:
1. Receiving and Directing Patients
• Receive and direct patients on arrival
• Use of computerized appointment system
• Receive and record requests for home visits as directed
• Receive, record and direct messages for all clinical members of the Practice team using the agreed methods of waiting list, email, tasks.
• Answer telephones promptly
• Deal efficiently with general enquiries from patients, explain surgery procedures, appointment system and all other procedures for obtaining services, hand out patient pack / practice leaflet as appropriate.
• Receive any other visitors to the practice and sign into the visitors’ book.
2. Start and End of Day Procedures
• Open up premises at the start of the day, make all necessary preparation to receive patients
• Ensure consulting rooms are prepared in readiness for each session with correct nameplate on doors
• Ensure computer back up procedures are carried out at the end of the day
• Secure premises at the end of the day, ensure the building is totally secured, internal lights off and alarm activated
3. Patient Records
• Understand and apply practice protocol for registration of new patients
• Scan clinical letters and results to patient records and file as necessary
• Put all outgoing post in envelopes as required and affix stamps, take to post office at the end of the day
• Advise office secretary when stationary supplies need replenishing
• Fax correspondence as necessary and sort incoming faxes
5. New Patient Health Checks
• Ensure health questionnaire completed accurately.
• Take patients’ blood pressure measurement as per protocol
• Carry out urine dip test as per protocol
• Take measurements for height, weight, waist/hip ratio
• Enter data onto computerised records, using protocol to ensure all required information entered.
• Scan New patient sheet onto the patients records.
6. Sundry Administrative Duties
• Acting as chaperone for clinicians as and when required
• Carrying out any other administrative tasks as requested by clinical staff or administrative manager to assist in the day to day operation of the practice
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 7.5 hours a day Monday to Friday worked flexibly between 8.30am & 6.30pm with an unpaid lunch break
Weekly Wage : £185.63
Application Deadline Date : 13/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 20/03/2020
Personal Qualities : • Willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
• Organisation skills
• Ability to embed in a team
Skills Required : • Some IT literacy
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Teamwork skills
• An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local knowledge to respond to patients’ enquiries and requests
Future Prospects : Excellent opportunities for career progression and further qualifications
Training to be Provided : Business Admin Apprenticeship L2
Functional Skills in English L2
Functional Skills in Maths L2
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location