Job Title : Leisure Attendant Apprentice
Employer : West Park Leisure Centre - Nottingham
Location : Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG10 4AA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Activity Leadership - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-52841
Vacancy Short Description : West Park Leisure Centre, part of Parkwood Leisure are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for health and fitness to join our friendly centre as an Leisure Attendant Apprentice!
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : West Park Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as an Leisure Assistant Apprentice and gain their Level 2 in Activity Leadership!
What will the role involve?
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Level 2 in Activity Leadership and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed - Ensuring safety in and around the pool
- Keeping the leisure centre and pool clean and tidy at all times to the highest possible hygiene standard
- Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- To cover reception and deliver excellent customer service
- Delivering effective new member gym inductions
- Ensuring safety within the gym environment
- Showing members how to use machines and equipment within the gym
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 40 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you can complete the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £200.00
Application Deadline Date : 13/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 20/03/2020
Personal Qualities : An open, honest and outgoing pesonality.
High personal integrity and motivation.
Ability to work within a team.
Skills Required : Skills Required:
STRONG SWIMMING SKILLS
Training to be Provided : Leisure Operations & Leisure Management Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location