Job Title : Front of House Apprenticeship
Employer : Hartham Park Leisure Centre
Location : Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1QR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-53405
Vacancy Short Description : ‘Due to the on-going situation regarding Covid-19, the application window remains open and you are still able to apply. Our team will be in contact in due course but would like to manage your expectations and make it clear that we are not able to give a specific time frame of when this vacancy will be available again. However, as the current landscape changes over the course of the coming weeks and months, we will keep you informed on the status of your application and update you accordingly’.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Customer Service Level 2 Diploma and work as part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
• Ensure that the reception, and associated offices and storage area are kept clean and free from clutter.
• Ensure all customer information is readily available
Answer phones take bookings, take feedback from members, selling of retail product
• Undertake duties as per the standard operating procedures laid out in The Everyone Active Management System.
Offer a warm and friendly welcome every time and deliver a customer experience that generates customer compliments. We will want you to listen, value and respond to all comments made by customers.
Your duties as Receptionist Apprentice will include:
• Start shifts on time
• Wear uniform as per the company standard
• Ensure that the ‘Customer Care’ and ‘Bookings and Reception’ standards are delivered consistently as per the company procedures.
• Deliver a customer experience that generates customer compliments
• Ensure knowledge of Site programmes, activities and special offers
• Ensure all ‘bookings and reception’ enquiries are dealt with in an efficient and effective way.
• Financial transactions are complete without error
Promote 30 minutes of activity 5 times per week by providing a wide range of quality activities.
• Ensure all enquiries are dealt with using sales system as laid out in the companies’ standards.
• Recognise opportunity of sales through enquiry
• Promote the concept of 30 minutes of activity 5 times a week.
Provide dedicated, qualified, well trained colleagues to support customers and make their Visits enjoyable.
• Attend Meetings as required
• Undertake Training as required.
• Help develop new members of the team
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term 12-15 month contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Everyone Active are the sectors leading operator who has been voted Operator of the Year for the last 2 consecutive years. Working with 40 Local Authorities, operating 140 leisure facilities nationwide.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 35 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £175.00
Application Deadline Date : 05/06/2020
Possible Start Date : 19/06/2020
Skills Required : Candidates must be confident and approachable with an interest in wanting to work within a customer focused role.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time job
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location