Job Title : Technical Administrator Apprenticeship
Employer : Fresenius - Medical Renal Services
Location : Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 2Hu
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-53437
Vacancy Short Description : ‘Due to the on-going situation regarding Covid-19, the application window remains open and you are still able to apply. Our team will be in contact in due course but would like to manage your expectations and make it clear that we are not able to give a specific time frame of when this vacancy will be available again. However, as the current landscape changes over the course of the coming weeks and months, we will keep you informed on the status of your application and update you accordingly’.
Fresenius Medical Care is the largest independent provider of dialysis care and renal services in the UK!
Vacancy Full Description : Role Purpose
To assist in the responsibilities for all Technical Workshop functions and duties relevant to the Technical Operations department.
• 1st line support to answering the incoming calls from trusts, FMC clinics, home patients and technicians. Logging the calls issuing a fail call number or creating a Track IT record where necessary
• First line support in monitoring and responding to the technical, Facilities and own email inbox. Logging the emails and administering as appropriate
• Assist the Workshop and field team by order of a triage system for calls to include Sleep Safe, Home HD
• All forms of Communication to be processed in a professional and business-like manner
• Processing and administering company databases
• Creating, updating and managing Excel spreadsheets
• Managing supplier relationships and invoices
• Assistance and managing of projects
• Creating purchase orders
• General administration as a result of a request from a Manager, Technician, Team Leader or clinic
• Stock taking workshop supplies placing orders via the SRM system and customer care
• Assisting the Workshop team in the cleaning of machines
• Organising and moving the Sleep Safe machines into their sections for easy picking / viewing of stocks
• Tidying and organising shelves in stock room moving and disposing of Wee Waste to appropriate area
• Assisting the department in rectifying non-conformity and audit actions
• Ensure that any and all SOP’s relative to the role are followed, training is up to date and illustrated via relevant control matrix
• Management of the calibration process for equipment from beginning to end
•To comply with all Environmental and Health & Safety requirements of the job and to be responsible for the health & safety of all personnel within the Technical Workshop area.
•Establish and maintain effective relationships with FME SSI department and any other necessary corporate areas.
•To comply with the requirements of the Company Integrated Management System as applied to area of responsibility.
•To comply with the Company Rules and Policies in relation to Compliance and Data Protection as applied to area of responsibility.
•To carry out other duties as specified by the Technical Operations office manager within reason and within Terms and Conditions of the business.
Key Performance Indicators
• All SleepSafe machines are controlled in terms of agreed availability, repair time, TAM data, customer liaison, training (list is non-exhaustive).
• Health & Safety – Accidents within the workshop.
• Waste – ensure that all waste streams are followed and are adhered to including WEEE regulations.
• Workshop KPI matrix.
• Workshop efficiency / service delivery.
• Completion of any audit actions relevant to the Technical Workshop.
• All relevant training KPI measures.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday
Weekly Wage : £187.50
Application Deadline Date : 29/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 12/06/2020
Personal Qualities : •A natural problem solver with a logical approach.
•Motivated in achieving results.
•Flexible working hours.
•To be able to cope under pressure.
•Highly literate and numerate and possess a quality outlook.
•Driven by attention to detail in all aspects of working ethics.
Skills Required : •Knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages.
•Customer care skills would be an advantage
•Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
•SAP knowledge would be advantageous.
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
Functional skills in Maths, English & IT
Other Information : Your working hours will be Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
The map below shows the employer's location